Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Into the painting

I was walking through the room of  the Tate museum in London with my boyfriend watching amazement  the grotesque modern installations and the beautiful painting of Blake when suddenly my eyes fell upon a picture of Turner. I don't remember the name( maybe I didn't even notice) but I still remind as if would be standing in  front of me. That image is planting in my brain.
I couldn't look away and in a quick jump I was inside the picture.






Me and one of  my friend were crossing the sea, floating in the air with the sun shining in the sky;
my mind was free and light-hearted.
our sailing-ship was racing with the seagull and gently caressing the blue Sardinian sea, when suddenly the weather changed.
A big grey cloud came above us and it started to rain but we kept sailing. it wasn't a good idea.
the wind picked up and carried us far from the coast.
As soon as we turned, a big wave came upon us and the ship flipped over throwing ourselves out, into the storm.
I couldn't see anything, the waves broke hardly on my face and I couldn't breathe because of the water in my throat.
I tried to swim and to cling to the boat but I had no more strength and I let me go, I really felt lost.






Suddenly someone picked me up by my life jacket, and brought me above the keel.
I started coughing and I tried to open my eyes, it was all blur and the only  thing that I could focus on was  my friend's face who was looking at me with such concern, he hugged me because I was shivering...the storm stopped!




<<don't worry>> he said << I'm with you!>>
It has been one hour before that a big boat saved us but it seemed 5 minutes.
We spoke about our life each other as if we were sitting in a bar in Rome with a glass of fresh white wine.
Even if my eyes were burning and my mouth was purple I would have remain in the middle of the sea with him where something weird and magic happened






<<hey!! are you enchanted?? it has been 30 minute that you are watching that picture>> my boyfriend said.
I wake me up from my dream, his voice sounded in my ears as when he saved me into the storm
I held his hand and we keep our trip.









No comments:

Post a Comment